2016 Documented Life Project: July

July-1

Next up in my 2016 Documented Life Project, on to July! Fourth of July week in the first spread, above and below.  Normally we go up to Fernandina Beach to watch the fireworks, but we stayed home this year and enjoyed a great show over the river right off the back porch. That's a piece of scrapbook paper on the left, under a dyed used dryer sheet. I carried one butterfly through to the front. List Ten that month was ten things I must say yes to. :-)

July-2

July-3

The next challenge was to add texture, above and below. I pulled together a few pieces of an old sketchbook book I tore apart and rubbed some crayon over top. On the right is another dyed dryer sheet.

July-4

July-5

Argh! I can't remember what this challenge was above, and I neglected to write it on the page anywhere like I usually do! Layer two stencils, maybe, because that seems to be what I did here! On the right is another piece of the Soul Journal I created in Melody Ross's workshop at Serendipity. Flip the page to find the week's calendar. We went to a Jacksonville's Sun game that week, where this selfie was taken. Very rare to capture my husband in a picture! Our very first date was a Jacksonville's Suns game, so we love to go back to several games a summer. I'm sad to say that the Suns 31-year owners, the Bragan family, finally sold the Suns after the 2016 season, and the new owner changed the named to the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. I kid you not. I...just...can't.

July-6

July-7

The last week of July included catching up with some friends and my redheads birthday and annual trip up to Summer Waves on Jekyll Island, so I included lots of pictures, above and below!  We officially have teenagers!

July-8

See other posts from my 2016 Documented Life Project here, my 2015 DLP project here, and my 2014 DLP project here. Be sure to check out the Art to the 5th gang, the originators of this project, here.

No comments: