2015 Documented Life Project: Week 17

Documented Life Project - Week 17

Week 17's challenge (April 25) was "Inks," and the journal prompt was "Before the ink is dry." Can I just tell you how much I love spray inks, especially with stencils? I had watched our lovely Roben-Marie Smith use them often, and then about four years ago, I came upon a treasure trove. A friend of mine was cleaning out her art supply stash due to a move, and she offered me basically everything she had for $200. $200! That treasure trove included dozens of Somerset Studio magazines, collage ephemera galore, a couple dozen rubber stamps, rubber stamp ink pads, papers, and more than two dozen bottles of spray inks. Yes, for only $200! I am grateful to her to this day! So when I got to this challenge, I thought, "Finally! One I don't really have to think about!"

Documented Life Project - Week 17

I layed down some used deli paper as a background and then went to town with my inks and stencils. I had the "O" pieces sitting on my worktable and honestly was just tired of moving them around, so I just stuck them in there. And I love what they added to the page. I added in some pen work and the "17" numbers, which were leftovers from our old marquee at my old job. Great when you can get free fun stuff that's about to be thrown in the trash at work.

Documented Life Project - Week 17

I didn't add any journaling on this page other than the date, but the "before the ink is dry" is a regular occurrence around these parts. Patience is not my strong suit, so I'm often moving on before the ink, or the paint, is dry.  See more of my 2015 Documented Life Project posts here, and check out the whole project and everything else the Art to the 5th gals have to offer here.

No comments: