Thinking of Photo Lockets

Wish Locket 1

I've always loved lockets and collected dozens over the years, from cheap plated lockets to beautiful 14K gold lockets I've lucked into on Ebay. Given that, I've been thinking about creating lockets out of my photos for quite some time. I've just been searching for the right lockets that will help me do what I want to do. I'd love to find some that don't have engraving on them, but no luck yet. If you've seen any, please point me in that direction! For this one, the photo portion is about 3/4" with domed glass over it, and it features includes my Dandelion Wishes photo. The locket itself is about 1 1/4" round and has two places to insert photos on the inside.  It will hang from a brass chain. Of course, the bright glare from my window in the photo didn't jump out at me until I just uploaded it to Flickr! Like all my glass pieces, I'll have to work on the best way to photograph these. Let me know your thoughts on these!

No comments: