Best Shot Monday: Chickamauga

Sarah and Liv 2010 Chicamauga

This picture is actually a flashback, but I've never posted it on my blog before. This is Sarah and Olivia on the Chickamauga Battlefield just south of Chattanooga, Tennessee, and this is where we are today.

There's so much I love about this picture: the movement, the bright orange against all that green, the path trailing off into the distant trees, the smallness of my girls.  I have such vivid memories of that day. We were up visiting my Great Aunt Olivia, as we are now, but on this year, we had a crowd; my sister, her husband and baby girl, my husband Benny, and my Dad were all there.  But mostly I love it for the reason we were there: Aunt Livy. She's 92 this month, and we've had a very special bond since I was a child.  Funny, I just came across a picture my cousin, five years younger than I, posted on Facebook of Aunt Livy holding her as a baby; my Aunt Livy is her Granny. I had commented on how much I liked the picture, and she responded that, while she laughs about it now, she used to get mad at how much more attention her Granny would give to me when we were both children.  I never realized that!

I've always been very blessed to have this wonderful woman in my life. I hope you have someone like that too.

No comments: