Best Shot Monday: Serendipity .... Meant to Be

Serendipity

For as long as I can remember, serendipity has been my all-time favorite word. I think even before I knew what it meant, I just liked the sound of it. I've always thought that if I were ever lucky enough to own a big sailboat, I would name it Serendipity.

Well, it was serendipitous that I learned of a little art retreat called Serendipity, thanks to my friend Jess Yelvington.  In a spur of the moment action, Jess learned about this retreat and registered for it within an hour. I learned about it on her blog, told my friend Dana about it, and a couple days later, boom!, Dana and I were registered.  Here's where the serendipitous part comes in.  I told Dana about it over lunch.  By the time I got home, I had an email from her saying that there was just one double bunk room left.  I talked to Benny about it, and he said, "Yep, looks like you are going to North Carolina with Dana in October."  So come October 23-27, Dana and I will be in Nags Head, North Carolina for this. We're taking Melody Ross's Wild Happy Soul class together one day.  The other day, Dana is taking Hannah Marcotti's HELLO Awakening Woman class and I'm take Kate Inglis's Contemplative Photography class. I've always wanted to take a class with Melody Ross of Brave Girls Club, and I haven't taken a photography class since college, so this will certainly be a treat. Even though there was just that one double bunk left, Dana and I decided to stay off site in a little two-bedroom beach front cottage. It was more economical and we'll have our own space! 

So about this photo ... we were out on the dock this weekend, dogs and all, playing in the river.  I had my camera out there trying to get a few good shots of our foster dog Lucee. Then as I was getting ready to go back inside, I looked down the fence line, and thought, hmmm, that might be interesting.  I opened up the aperture, shortening up the focal range dramatically, just to catch one little bit of grass and fence in focus.  In addition to serendipity being my favorite word, green is my favorite color! And what better than green grass to remind you of summer? 

No comments: