A Little Bit of Yellow

For Jean

My friend Jean brought me by a piece of fabric a couple weeks ago and asked if I could create a bracelet in those colors. I love getting custom orders in which I have a little freedom. Give me a piece of fabric and I can work from that! So here you see the fabric I was given and the finished piece I created.  I mixed handmade lampwork beads with some funky gray disco ball cat's eye, black cat's eye, and yellow jade, all wrapped up with sterling silver accents. Thankfully, Jean said it was just perfect.

I must have a yellow vibe going on here lately. In addition to this bracelet, I received two different Etsy orders yesterday for my classic car and truck prints. Both were for all yellow vehicles. Sarah's response? "Mama! Maybe it's Lara Spencer ordering from you! You know how she loves yellow!" We are Good Morning America fans AND love Lara's Flea Market Flip show on HGTV. The girls and I have decided that we're going to start our own flea market flip creations. We'll start hitting flea markets soon, and try to turn some trash into treasure.  Lord knows we already have a whole neighborhood of painted cardboard fairy houses!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i love what you made- and it goes so great with the fabric. i bet your friend will LOVE it! it's hard to come across yellow jewelry. you did a great job. LOVE.