Off to the Big Apple!

FLK NYC Artists Gate

At 7:05am tomorrow morning, I'll be on a New York City bound plane! Every summer I take a group of students up to a leadership conference in NYC. It's a great experience for the students to be able to experience the city, especially since most of the students I take have never been.  Taking the family this year, too, since the girls' birthday is this weekend, and I can't be away from my girls on their birthdays! So Benny and the girls have big plans while I'll be in ed sessions all day Friday and most of the day Saturday, but at least we'll have most of the day Thursday, Friday night and Saturday night to play. We have Yankees/Red Sox tickets Friday night, and we hope to hit the half-price ticket booth for a Broadway show Saturday night.

I took this picture in NYC two years ago. As many times as I've been to New York, I've never noticed this particular gate to Central Park, and it's right smack dab in the middle of 59th St, not far from the Plaza! Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Fannie said...

Have a fun time and Happy Birthday to your daughters! Thanks for posting your photo--inspiring! Enjoy!