101010 Project Day 2: The Balance Question ~ Leanne Wargowsky

Next up in our 101010 Project to tackle "The Balance Question: What does it mean for you and how it is working for you?" is Leanne Wargowsky!
  Leanne Wargowsky-101010 Project

A little bit about Leanne: Born, raised, and living in the Chicago land area, this happily chaotic soul is definitely a newbie in the universe of creative businesses. Last August, after 25 years in healthcare, I was released from days of insurance and hospitals and I started listening to my inner artist. My dream, From Chaos Comes Happiness, was born. I'm not doing it alone, though, as my support system is wide and deep with a husband who encourages me and two beautiful daughters who inspire me. While I have a long way to go in this business of mine, I'm determined to remain true to who I am, and stopping just long enough to smell the roses along the way.

Name of Business: From Chaos Comes Happiness
Social Media Links:
Years in Business: Approaching 1

So Leanne, how do you approach balance? Balance . . . Augh. Does that answer how it is working for me? In all seriousness, balance is a challenge for the people who want it all- a family, their own business, a soul filled life. And me? I'm one of those people. I worked for over 25 years in healthcare, the last eight of those years were spent as a mother, too. During my time as both a full-time employee and a mom, I felt like I was not meeting the needs of either roles (my job and my children). Now that I am no longer in healthcare, I have had much more time to devote to my children during these early years when I feel they need it most. However, finding time for my new creative business is a challenge. Having a supportive partner in life is huge, and learning to accept help from others is another key (I gave up trying to be Wonder Woman long ago. I mean, I love the outfit, but it never looked quite right on me.) So, I say 'no' to things when I have to. I say 'yes' to help when I really need it. And I'm learning more and more the importance of having a schedule and sticking to it. Family time is family time. Business time is business time. And God willing, I'll continue to be right there in the middle of them both.

Visit the 101010 Project website to view all the participants and all the questions we'll be covering over the next 15 days, and be sure to hop around to all participants' blogs each day since we are each hosting a different question! 

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Yippie! Nothing like going to a friends blog and seeing your own face looking back at you! thanks so much for sharing my thoughts on "balancing life" with everyone! Now, I better run . . . I'm sneaking in some computer time right now and have got to get back to what I am supposed to be doing! ;)

Kelly said...

Wonderful answer, Leanne!! I loved reading it, and identifying with you on each point!
~Kelly

sonyamacdesigns said...

I love this OUTfit illustration ... in words ...

Stephanie Amos said...

I bet you were a knockout in Wonder Woman's outfit, but I'm sure you're much happier being the mom, wife and artist you were meant to be! ;)