Sketchbook Project Fun Journal: Day 17

Day 17

Still slowly working through my Sketchbook Project Fun Journal… I may not be timely, but I’m persistent! This is page 17, and I think this may be my new favorite. On this one I used a little bit of everything…paint, stencils, masks, oil pastels, spray inks, pad inks, used deli papers, and a black Sharpie. As you can see, this one is dated May 29 and I haven’t worked in it since, so I need to get back to it.

Two things coming up tomorrow. First, I’m heading up to the Big Apple with my students for the annual Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities Advisors Summit and Student Leadership Institute. This is always a wonderful trip. I’m starting to feel like a New York veteran at this point, but it’s always so cool to see the big city through the eyes of my students who are seeing it for the first time. This year, since the trip falls on my girls’ birthday, my family is also coming, so they’ll have a bit more play time while I’m in sessions. Luckily, though, the conference schedule allows for time to explore the city; that, in itself, is a very educational lesson for my students! We’ll be taking the girls to FAO Schwartz Friday afternoon for their birthday. Say a prayer for me! I’ve given them a dollar limit and a size limit!

Also tomorrow, I’ll be participating in Seth Apter’s annual Buried Treasure project. Tomorrow all participating artists will be reposting one of their favorite posts, so mine, and why I chose it as my favorite, will pop up here tomorrow morning. Be sure to hop over to Seth’s blog tomorrow as well to see all the other Buried Treasure.

No comments: