The Beauty of a Rainy Day


We’ve had a rainy day around here today. But it’s been one of those lazy, lovely, life-in-all-its-normalcy days that you learn to cherish. DH had to work all day, so it was a girls’ day. We made cookies and out popped this perfect little heart. Olivia held the spatula while I took a picture, and then realizing it was a bit blurry went to take another one at the precise moment it slid off the spatula and broke into three pieces. Livvie just looked at me and said, “Uh, oh.” And I said, “Look! It broke into three parts, and there are three of us, so that just means we have to eat it!” And we did. And it, and the many more we ate throughout the day, was yummy.

During a brief dry and breezy spell, I opened the windows to let some fresh air in, and the girls were having so much fun making a fort by the window that it took all the willpower Molly had to not jump through that window and join them. We took all the screens out of the windows last weekend to wash them and haven’t put them back in yet. I think I rather like it this way!

To top the day off, my friend and former student Whitney came by to visit and personally introduce us to sweet baby Garrett. What a little charmer. Sarah was smitten from the first grin. Whitney and I clicked from the moment she got involved in my office as our student volunteer coordinator, and many times she’s been my wonderful arts festival assistant. I’ve enjoyed watching her grow into a lovely young wife and mom and feel blessed to still have her in my life. So how has your weekend been?

No comments: