Happy New Year with Mix It Up Monday


Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to a fulfulling new year.  I'm typically not one for New Year's resolutions, but I do have a couple goals I'm working on.  First is my annual purge and organize spree.  Once the Christmas decorations come down and the house is cleaned back up, I'm always ready to go through the closets and the toys and take things to consignment and Goodwill.  Start the year with less stuff! 

Another of my goals is to share more of the "other" art I create here at the Happy Shack.  So, each Monday here on the blog, I'm going to post some sort of new work.  And I'll definitely be mixing it up!  My Monday posts may be photography, mixed media, fabric art, jewelry that branches away from my signature style, handmade books....who knows!  One reason for this is to push myself to try new things; another reason is to work through the excessive amount of supply stash I have!  I had hoped to share a new piece of jewelry with you today, but yesterday's weather did not allow for any new jewelry photography.  So to kick things off (and in the vein of getting a little better organized), here's a new photo I just listed in my Etsy shop.  I actually captured this shot in February 2010 while in California for Artful Journey. That tells you how far behind I am on posting new photography work!

Any New Year's resolutions for you?

No comments: