For Haiti

As I’m sure all of you have, I’ve been following the devastation in Haiti, and this article that popped up on my Yahoo yesterday particularly caught my attention. How incredibly sad. All of it is incredibly sad, but reading this news touched me more than any I had read yet. If you’ve ever had a close relative in a nursing home, you probably had the same reaction. Totally helpless, and wishing there was something you could do, some way you could help. I understand what is needed most right now and for the months to come will be cold hard cash. To that end, I’m donating all my January sales in both my Etsy shops to the Red Cross. I’ll then match the sales up to a goal of donating $750 on February 1. I’ve uploaded dozens more glass tile pendants that I hadn’t had a chance to load yet, and I hope to photograph a couple dozen more over the next week and get them loaded. If you’ve had your eye on something in either of my shops, now’s the time to grab it and support a good cause in the process. I’ll keep you updated on my progress. So far I’ve raised $204.70. Shop jewelry here and photography here.

Also be sure to check out the Hearts for Haiti Etsy shop, where hundreds of Etsians have donated items to raise funds for Doctors Without Borders. I've donated two prints and two glass tile pendants there.

2 comments:

Expressive Hart said...

This is wonderful, Kelly. I mentioned your offer to help Haiti on my blog today. Big hugs!

Campbell Jane said...

Kelly this is so great of you. I have a painting on Ebay under 4Haiti as well and I'm heading over to check out that Etsy shop. Blessings