Cold Winter Sunset

The skies were doing some funky things tonight on my way home. Must be the extra cold air in the atmosphere. There was a cool purple haze to the east, and the smoke from a fire to the west was heading straight across the sky just about the horizon. Then I looked out to the dock and our dock light had turned this mysterious green shade! The light is a bit temperamental. Some nights it works, other nights it doesn’t and, apparently, some nights it decides to work and be green. You can just see the top of the Dames Point Bridge towers in the distance on the right.

5 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

I love your sunset photos!

SecondChanceChicken said...

It's a message from the fish in the water "go green".... recycle, reuse, repurpose!

Regina said...

Yes, it is gorgeous. Every time the weather news goes to Florida, I wonder if you are staying warm enough. Have you had any damage to your plants? We are in a near-blizzard (again). The tall angel figure in my garden is buried up to her chin in snow. Tomorrow the temp isn't even going to break zero. But we have homes and clothes for this weather. I'm sad for all the agricultural biz in the south right now.

Carey said...

So awesome looking! Love the sky.

Gina Lee Kim said...

Timing sure is everything! Where's the snow in this picture? Hey I'll trade you winters (ha).

BTW, I just replied back to you on Julie's land of lost luggage Ning. Forgive me! And yay...so happy we are there!