Playing with Ink and Stencils

Yesterday morning I spent some time catching up on Roben-Marie Smith’s video tutorials. Roben-Marie is an excellent teacher! The altered art tags video sent me to the office supply store to pick up some shipping tags. But before I started playing on those, the girls and I spent last night playing around with stencils and punchinella (sequin waste) and spray inks on plain white index cards. We had ink EVERYWHERE. I need to learn a little self control there. These are just a few of our experiments. And yes, the colors truly are that bright and vibrant (you know I’m a color girl!). This stuff is addicting. I must admit after playing with what I had, I went online and ordered 12 colors of the Adirondack color wash ink spray. Like I said, I need to learn a little self control! :-) Got a great price at MisterArt.com though! So today, I spent some time cleaning up and reorganizing my studio!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh FUN! I can't wait until my girls are a little older... FUN!

Roben-Marie said...

So happy to see your stencil work and I love your tags!! I'm so glad you have been inspired and look forward to seeing more goodness! :)