Home Sweet Home

Yippee! The girls and I survived the weekend at Chez Shiver (my name for the lovely home we enjoyed this weekend) without getting any art supplies on the furniture! Whoo hoo! Don’t think I wasn’t just a tad overzealous with the wipes as Sarah and I were sitting at the dining room table working on our journals. I could just see her wiping those purple fingerprints all over the dining room chair.

This family includes nine grandchildren so far, but the house certainly does not reflect that. We had a great time, but it was good to come home to the chaos that is my house, Sharpie decorated sectional and all. ;-) Those of you who are familiar with my house know that I also live on the water with a pretty nice view (minus the power lines and the tops of the cranes on Blount Island), but sometimes it just takes getting away to somewhere else to really relax, doesn’t it?

Saturday was rather wet and dreary, but we salvaged the morning by visiting the Gulf Specimen’s Marine Lab. Who knew such a cool little place was tucked away in the woods of Panacea! Luckily, Sunday was gorgeous so I captured this shot from the lower deck for you, along with a couple crazy girls enjoying their breakfast on the porch. I’ll share pictures of the journal pages we worked on later this week!


3 comments:

cath c said...

view is peaceful...girls are whacky fun!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Welcome back! Looks like you girls had fun, Can't wait to see your journals!

Recreationalart said...

Hey! Sounds like fun was had by all!I have given you a blog award! Stop by my blog to pick it up!! Hope you have a great day
Rose XD