Freshening Things Up!

I took the day off to spend some time working on my new booth layout yesterday in preparation for this week’s Riverside Arts Market. I’ve had my photos there the last two Saturdays I participated, but I just had them in a bin out front, not integrated into the booth, so I’m hoping my new layout will be a hit. I’m really excited about my new photo boxes. My friend Wyanne often paints on wood or uses wood as the substrate for mounting prints, so I thought why not mount photos on wood? Takes care of the framing issue! (Thanks for the tip, Wy!) I found these great wood panels at Dick Blick and tried them out. I just ordered six to start to make sure I liked them, but I’m thrilled with them, and they bring a great new dimension to the look of my booth. They are nice and deep so the photos can either be hung on a wall or placed in a window sill or on a shelf. I’ll take a picture of my booth for you Saturday to get the full effect, but here’s a sampling of the photos on wood blocks. These are 6" square. What do you think?

3 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I'd buy them! I love the depth of those types of frames as well. You can hang them or stand them up.

Regina said...

I think they look great. How did you adhere the images to the blocks?

Jennifer Williams said...

Oh, I like the photos on blocks! It gives them such a nice appeal compared to the standard frames. I have found I like painting on wood more so than any other substrate for this very reason.