Behind the Camera: The Eyes of Time

“Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.” Captain Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: Generations.

Photobucket

While we were down at the lake in Keystone this weekend, I snuck away for a little bit to go to a fun little artist co-op and antique store in Melrose and stumbled across this awesome sign. I need your opinion! Initially, I was drawn to the very cool glasses at the top of the clock so I wanted to capture the whole sign. Then as I was cleaning it up and adding some fun layers, I cropped it to square to capture just the clock face and like that too. Now I don’t know which one I like better? Should I list the vertical, the square or both? Which is your favorite?

9 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I like the first photo! Nice work!

Fannie said...

the first photo is more interesting. thanks for sharing. love it.

cath c said...

i like the first, too. the eye physicians makes better sense and that wonderful peacock feather effect against the green leafy background is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The first one is my pick.

heidisblog said...

I must agree with the crowd. The first is really more interesting. It's a great picture.

e.beck.artist said...

i LOVE squares ... but i still think the first one is a better image .. more interest .. those groovy glasses at the top ... but if you had never seen the first one, you'd adore the second!

Regina said...

I also vote for the first image. I think it makes a better composition. The balance of values feels better in that one.

Lauren Alexander said...

Vertial all the way baby.

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

I love the first one, very intriguing! :)