Sunday Evening Shopping Spree: Karen Faulkner


I stumbled across Karen Faulkner’s watercolors perusing Etsy Treasuries one night. I really like the simplicity in her art. Very nice person as well! You meet so many nice people on Etsy. Here’s a little bit about Karen: “I've been painting for more than ten years now. My education and professional background are in business and marketing communications; however, the last several years have drawn me closer to art as a necessity in my life. Painting is restorative for me and I hope that a restful yet uplifting quality comes through in my work. I strive to make each piece unique, saying as much as I can in just a few brushstrokes. My paintings are often reflective of a mood or emotion.” This piece is titled “Gourd Love”, and I definitely see the emotion in it. Lovely piece, Karen. See more of Karen’s work in her Etsy store here. Her store is chock full of very reasonably price pieces, great for holiday gift giving! You can also read more about Karen on her blog here. She did a nice plug for me last week!

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website!

3 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Thanks so much for the lovely feature!

cath c said...

they're so wiggly! alive

Unknown said...

Those gourds are gorgeous! I just love Karen's watercolors! So lovely!