Riverside Rocks!


I had a great two days at the Riverside Arts Festival this weekend! We had gorgeous weather, a little on the hot side, but thankfully Patty and I had side-by-side spots under a nice shady oak tree that kept us fairly comfortable. We were a little concerned with Tropical Storm Hanna on Friday, but we were able to set up the majority of our booths Friday evening with no problems and everything was nice and dry Saturday morning. I can’t say enough about the festival staff. The festival is run by the Riverside Avondale Preservation, all volunteers, and they were so incredibly helpful and friendly throughout the entire show. They also did a fabulous job jurying in artists, and every one there was top notch. I was in truly great company!


I always pick a favorite at each show I participate in, and this time it was Yvonne Miller. You guys know I’m a sucker for animal art, and when I saw Yvonne’s work, I fell in love. And she is such a wonderfully sweet and friendly person. See that beautiful yellow lab she’s standing next to in this picture? Yep, you guessed it; he now lives with me. For those of you who’ve known me for a while, you’ll remember Bear. Spitting image, don’t you think? I wrote some about Bear here. Even DH said, “yep, that’s Bear all right,” so I conveniently took that as permission to purchase. :-) You can see more of Yvonne’s work and read more about her here. Hi, Yvonne!

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders. Click here for the Happy Shack Designs website!

1 comment:

Greg & Maria Voss said...

What a beautiful painting! I clearly recall your post about Bear. What a great way to honor him. :-) I will definitely check out her work.